When you travel are you a chuck-it-all-in-and-go kinda gal or someone who needs lists?
I am a total list kinda chick. There will always be a handful of items you’ll inevitably forget when you pack for any type of trip. So I make a list in advance to try and prevent the (almost) inevitable! The hotel might have a hairdryer… but it might not/ almost certainly won’t have your favourite cleanser!
I’m off to Berlin tomorrow and today I’m going to share with you my personal LIST.
- Suitcase (in my case a little one as it’s a carry on #studentbudget)
- Electronics: Phone, Kindle, Camera etc.
- Chargers for the above (we’ve all been there!)
- Travel adapters.
- £££- currency and debit cards.
- Travel Insurance (for just incase!)
- Sun glasses.
- Playing cards.
- Mac Lipsticks: Kinda Sexy (the nude-y colour) and Creme Shene On Hold (more red in tone). Kinda Sexy was the first MAC lipstick I got and I have recently fallen back in love with it- it’s the perfect nude, and On Hold is a subtle colour pop.
- Highlight: Goddess of Love, Triple Baked Highlighter. I love all things Makeup Revolution, especially their powders, this highlight is super pigmented and shimmery.
- Eyeliner: Collection Fine Stroke Eyeliner. I very rarely switch up my eyeliner, but my other one was running out to the point it was barely visible, so I tried a new one and it’s really good!
- Bare Minerals: Bronzer, Warmth All Over Face Colour. I have been using this for literally YEARS, it may look little, but it lasts a really long time. It’s a super natural bronzed look.
- Foundation: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hrs. Foundations have been a real nightmare for. I have naturally oily skin and so after a few hours my foundation tends to look cake-y and as if I’m super sweaty (always a great look!). I have tried loads of different foundations and this is the best to date. It’s light on the skin, has SPF 20 and I don’t look like an oily mess by 10 AM in the morning! Highly recommend to anyone with combination to oily skin!
- Eyebrow pencil: Maybelline New York: Browsation. This is my favourite product to do my brows, I have quite fair hair, so I get the lightest shade! It comes with a sponge and a little pencil on either end. It makes my brows quick and easy to do in the morning.
- Mascara: Benfit Roller Lash. I LOVE Benefit cosmetics, it’s a little bit more pricey, but so worth it. I have always had quite short and straight eyelashes so I need all the lift and length I can get!
- Blusher: Benefit Galifornia. Love, love, love the coral-ly undertones.
- Nail varnish: Maybelline New York Down Town Red. Red nail varnish is something I always revert back to, not matter how adventurous I try to be!
Skincare and Hygiene
Time spent travelling, in the sea, in the snow- you name it- can have a serious effect on your hair and skin. So I like to make sure I cover all bases and pack the essentials.
- Clarifying Lotion: Clinique: I love this (as you can see by how much is left!) it is a little more pricey, but worth every penny.
- Eye Cream: Botanics Radiant Youth Hydrating Eye Cream: This nourishing eye cream helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark circles for a more illuminated under-eye appearance. I use it every night before bed and I have noticed how much more moisturised that area of my face feels.
- Day Cream: Botanics Radiant Youth Protecting Day Cream: This helps to keep skin looking younger with added UV protection. I put this on about 5 minutes before I do my makeup, so that it soaks in and gives me a moisturised, but not sticky, base to apply my makeup to.
- Night Cream: Botanics Radiant Youth Replenishing Night Cream: keeps my face fresh, hydrated and also acts as an anti-aging cream (and I am a firm believer that you are never too young to start using these!)
Smelling good and feeling good is a MUST for city breaks!
- Fake Tan: Build Me Up Gradual Tan Lotion (Superdrug own brand!): I searched for ages for a tan that was easy to apply… but also cheap (again, hello student budget!) and this tan is super cheap, about £3-£4 and was just as good as the Dove one I had been using.
- Perfume: Because It’s You, Emporio Armani: my all time favourite scent.
- Lip Balm: Body Shop Lip Butter: smells fabby and keeps my lips moisturised. I always make sure to take a lip balm on holiday, there is nothing worse that cracked or sore lips!
There is always a worry that packing miniature bath products won’t be enough for your holiday. However, from my experience packing miniature, such as shampoos etc, are not just a great way to free up some space, but are also enough for a week away (even if you’re using them twice a day!)
- Deodorant: Sanex: Sanex is my go-to.
- Shampoo: Pantene.
- Conditioner: Dove.
- Toothpaste: Oral B.
So there you have it, I hope you find this post helpful- wherever you are going in the world!