There are so many reasons that being a girl rules. For example, we never catch anything when pulling our flies up! Plus, on a more catastrophic note, the world literally wouldn’t exist without women #girlpower.
But in today’s blog I’m going to talk about the realities of being a girl. The #girlstruggles. Here are the things us girls have to put up with:
- Dry Shampoo- either a life saver or adds 30 years onto your age, most of the time I find myself weighing up whether to look like Mrs Claus in August or Filch, from Harry Potter.
- Having “Man Dolphin” legs- a term I use to describe my legs when I haven’t shaved for a while (when I have they are as smooooth as a dolphin- for like a day!). I feel like “Man Dolphin” is a winter comfort!
- Having one “Man Dolphin” leg… how I forget one entire limb I don’t know.
- Shaving your armpits- I’m sure there is a perfectly good scientific reason for having hair under your arms, but sometimes it seems like it was part of God’s punishment to Eve. Like why is it there? Why does it grow so fast? Why do I always manage to miss some?
- Owning ultra-comfy/mega-old bra- that one you hang onto even though it’s slightly grey, ripping at the seams and the underwire will shortly try and burst a lung. But you can’t find it anywhere else soooo…
- On a similar note, the “holy pants”- (I really friggin hope others have this too!) a pair of pants that are your favourite. Super comfy, probably from M&S, that have been worn within an inch of their lives. And are ultimately holey, aka “holy”. Amen.
- Strapless bras- a seemingly good idea, until two hours into wearing it, it’s hugging your belly button.
- Trying to gracefully get out of a sports bra- an impossible task.
- Sanitary Products- needs little explaining. They’re expensive and annoying.
- Getting a ladder in your tights- the MOST frustrating thing!
- Thongs- weighing up whether the lack of VPL (Visible Pant Line) is worth the hours worth of wedgey.
- Jean sizing- every shop is different. I don’t ask for much, I just want something that sucks everything in, holds it in place, makes me have a Kim Kardashian bum and look two sizes smaller, please, thank you, ta.
- Bobby pins getting into every nook and cranny- hoovers, washing machines, handbags, pockets…
- Smudging freshly painted nails- super frustrating.
- Losing earrings back- who hasn’t been on all fours scanning the carpet looking for one of those sodding things?
- Streaky fake tan- the patchy, albino cow look is never a good one.
- Major break outs- usually the day before you need to look good. I find it’s before school photos, parties or dates.
- Hair getting everywhere -.-
- The aftermath of heels- blisters and sore soles of feet are enough to make any gal mad.
- Losing your underwear in the laundry- besides the usual loss of knickers at home, genuinely through the washing machine, I had one super creepy encounter at University. If you didn’t get there in time to take your washing out of the dryer yourself- people sometimes nicked it! Tell me, who actually wants someone elses knickers?!
- Asking for a trim at the hairdressers- and coming out with a friggin bob.
- Legs rubbing- the bane of my life on holiday. It’s the worst feeling.
- Applying eyeliner- one wing is always higher than the other and I literally cannot talk while I apply it.
- Wearing a skirt on a windy day- how did Marilyn Monroe make it look cute?!
- Queueing for the girls loo in any club or even event *raises gun to head*
- Trying for a smokey eye look- experimenting with a new eyeshadow but ending up sporting the “black eye” look.
- Jumpsuits or bodysuits in the toilet- like a friggin puzzle. Not only do you need a wee, you’re worried everyone in the queue thinks you’re taking ages to pee and, as the random spurt of claustrophobia kicks in, you end up hitting your desperately flailing arms on the cubical walls. It’s a mess really.
- Windy days + lipstick.
- The word “smart-casual”- what does that mean?! For guys its shirts, jeans and a decent pair of shoes… but girls?!
- Sneezing when you just put your mascara on.
So there you go, 30 #girlstruggles! Hope you enjoyed reading,