It’s officially Summer! That means BBQ’s, beach days, bikinis and knobbly bobblies!
This is just a little post to discuss the things I am most excited about this coming Summer. There is something about Summer that makes everyone seem happier. Life just seems to have more of a buzz to it. Plus it’s friggin beautiful this time of year. If you’ve visited my blog before (hello, old friends!) then you’ll know I LOVE living by the beach. If not (welcome!)- it’s my favourite place in the whole world. So Summer, to me, revolves a large amount around the salty aired, chip smelling, seagull full seaside of the South Coast of England.
So here we go, the Top Ten Things I am excited for this Summer:
- A Cruise around the Baltics
- 3 weeks! I am so excited to go. I have never been on a cruise, but from what I hear it’s food, trips, food, relaxation and more food. Which is funnily enough right up my street (me being a big old foodie anyway!) My Grandparents always try and come back the same, or less in weight by walking round the cruise ship frequently throughout the cruise. And by that I mean they do laps. When I first heard this I thought it was a bit excessive, but having discussed it with others- the cruise ship food sounds dangerously appealing! For the sake of my 8th aim for the summer (getting fit and healthy)- I may adopt this habit in the hope of coming back the same size!
- My Mini French Break
- After my cruise (ooh sounds rather fancy written down J), I have a little bit of a manic switch around, where I am getting on the vomit comet from Portsmouth to Cherbourg the next day to join my family in France. This I am absolutely buzzed for.
- Every other year we go away with my family to lovely houses in France, and this year I am missing a large chunk due to being on a cruise. This is sadly the consequences of growing up, being an adult forces you to make crappy decisions. (Obviously I am aware that of all crappy decisions, choosing between and a cruise and beach side holiday in France is a pretty decent one!).
- So I will spend a few days in France, hopefully doing what we do best. That’s playing cricket, drinking wine, singing loudly to songs from 30 years ago, competitive playing of cards for pure pride of winning and taking it in turns to cook a meal (MasterChef style). Along with pretending to be fluent in French, treating the Carrefour as a day trip and roasting marshmallows on the BBQ.
- Getting my Puppy (a Goldendoodle)
- We have literally been talking about getting another dog for years, but its finally happening! We are bringing our little afro ball of pure blonde fluff home after our holiday. I am so excited to see how she gets along with Jim, to buy all her PINK things, choose new toys and have a dog that fetches! Jim is a border terrier, and lordy he is a sweetie… though retrieving has never been his thing. He’s more of a throw the toy for me, I’ll chase it and then rip it to shreds kind-of-guy. I’m also super buzzed to have puppy cuddles. Eek, even thinking about it I cannot wait!
- Moving into my new Flat in Leamington
- I think this next (and final- omg help me) year of University could be the best. I am going to be living with my best friends, in a little flat in Royal Leamington Spa. Besides the obvious living with my best friends and literally having a bestie sleep over every night, I am excited for all the little things. A clean home (hopefully!), candles, car sharing, movies in eachothers beds, getting ready for nights out with each other, eating meals together and being able to walk to the room next door when I realise (as I do every 5 minutes with my history degree) that I don’t know what I’m doing. It’s just going to be FAB.
- Decorating my home room
- I recently decorated my room, a soft pink and I cant wait to add some final touches. At the moment I am OBSESSED with flamingos and I am constantly on Not On the Highstreet looking at inspiration. I love all things flamingo, cactus, pineapple and fluffy. So I’m having a field day searching for things to add to my room. I am getting some new shelves and a new bed.
- Our London Get-Away
- For Jack’s birthday I bought him a trip to London and I have several ideas (no concrete plans yet- which I actually find more exciting!). One at the top of my list is Sketch- a centre for food, art and music. Every so often a new artist is allowed to totally revamp the restaurant, to recreate it in their own way. And OMG it looks insane. I’ll insert some pictures because hell-to-the-yeah I am going there.
- Days by the Beach
- Need I say more. I love it. I drag Jack there all the time. We go to the arcade, we eat ice cream and we walk for miles chatting about what ifs.
- Getting fit and healthy
- Membership- yep. Have I been much- nope. Need to work on the last bit, but baby steps! I have felt so much better being at home, with regards to my diet. I just feel that when I’m exam stress free I eat better. So getting fit and healthy is something I’m super excited about.