Over the weekend I decorated my room and oh boy was it hard work.
My family had gone camping and I couldn’t because of work commitments. So I was working 10 to 7 on Saturday and 9 to 6 on Sunday… and decided to completly gut and decorate my room- pure stupidity.
- Preparation (much to my disgust) is key
- Moving to University meant I have double the amount of ‘stuff’- which happens to need to be out back into my room. Which, unlike my wardrobe, has not grown.
- If you want perfection- pay someone else.
- I learnt to man up a lil bit- crying in a built in wardrobe because you can’t take the lid off the paint is not productive. Especially crying on the phone to your Dad.
- How to wash paint out of your hair.
- I figured out how to avoid getting paint in you eyes and mouth- step as far away as possible.
At the end of the day, I can honestly say that I would be happy never painting another room again. It makes me miserable, tired and put my relationship to the test! But it does look very nice now and I am very pleased.
I painted it a Dulux White Blossom pink colour, which is a very subtle, not too childish, pink. Here are some of the plans I have for it!
I am loving all things flamingo at the moment, but I also love cactus’- I’m hoping to include both features, without it looking bonkers. I love the whole design side of these things, but its safe to say I’m not a interior painter… actually I suck at it!
Side note: All of the above can be found on Not on the Hightstreet- My all time favourite!