Sorry for not being as up to date with the blogs recently, I have had 4 deadlines in the space of 2 weeks and it has been STRESSFUL to say the least. However, my final deadline is on Thursday and then I will be back to posting weekly.
Feeling under pressure recently has certainly made me notice how important the little things in life are. I think my best tip for University, College, School or even just Life is to look after Number 1. It’s so easy to be bogged down in work and become a recluse.
(RECLUSE: a person who lives a solitary life and tends to avoid other people. aka. goodbye social life)
How I make sure I am not a biscuit-munching-essay-writing-ever-getting-larger-recluse:
- Retail therapy- hell yeah, Missguided had a sale on- 50%!!
- Shower every day- I have two days off a week, and oh the temptation to stay in my pyjamas- but NO.
- Go for a run. I’m really awful at running, but it gets me out. Also, with a degree like History you spend a fair amount of time on your bum.
- When I get stressed I get break-outs 😦 but I am a firm believer that if you feel in anyway rubbish about yourself, put that extra bit of effort in. If I have a random and ever-lasting break out- I curl my hair, or put some eyeliner on.
- Paint my nails.
- Go out for cake. But only if I walk the 20 minutes to the tea shop.
- Go out with friends, have fun, otherwise you WILL go crazy.
Quick Update on what I have been up to:
- I tried a new diet. It lasted one day and I feel horrendous about it. It claimed you could lose 10 lb in 1 week. However, it forgot to mention how awful you feel. I ate nothing but fruit all day and had to leave a lecture early after feeling I was going to pass out. Not only was this embarrassing but I feel so stupid for even trying it.
- As a result of this, I am just going to eat healthier, cleaner and do more exercise… hopefully!
- I have been ordering Christmas presents and am now feeling unbelievably festive.
- During my Reading Week, we got a new Coffee Machine and it is the new best thing for dairy free diets.
- I handed in an essay that I knew was bad.
- Spent too much money on makeup.
If you enjoy reading my blogs, please do like and follow!